Essentials of Management Information Systems, 10th edition
We wrote this book for business school students who want an in-depth look at how today’s business firms use information technologies and systems to achieve corporate objectives. Information systems are one of the major tools available to business managers for achieving operational excellence, developing new products and services, improving decision making, and achieving competitive advantage. Students will find here the most up-to-date and comprehensive overview of information systems used by business firms today.
When interviewing potential employees, business firms often look for new hires who know how to use information systems and technologies to achieve bottom-line business results. Regardless of whether you are an accounting, finance, management, operations management, marketing, or information systems major, the knowledge and information you find in this book will be valuable throughout your business career.
What’s New in This Edition
The 10th edition features all new opening, closing and “Interactive Session” cases. The text, figures, tables, and cases have been updated through November 2011 with the latest sources from industry and MIS research.
• New Video Cases Package: 24 video case studies (2 per chapter) and 12 instructional videos are available online.
• Additional discussion questions are provided for each chapter.
• Management checklists are found throughout the book; they are designed to help future managers make better decisions.
• Over 40 Learning Tracks are available online for additional coverage.
• Expanded coverage of business intelligence and business analytics
• Expanded coverage of cloud computing and cloud software tools
• Private and public clouds
• Social graph
• Social e-commerce
• Social marketing
• Social search
• Social CRM
• Apps ecosystem
• Windows 8
• Android, iOS, and Chrome operating systems
• Multitouch interface
• Tablet computers
• Expanded coverage of collaboration systems and tools
• Identity management
• Augmented reality
• Mobile application development
• Cloud and mobile security
I Information Systems in the Digital Age 1
1 Business Information Systems in Your Career 2
2 Global E-Business and Collaboration 36
3 Achieving Competitive Advantage with Information Systems 74
II Information Technology Infrastructure 107
4 IT Infrastructure: Hardware and Software 108
5 Foundations of Business Intelligence: Databases and Information Management 146
6 Telecommunications, the Internet, and Wireless Technology 178
7 Securing Information Systems 220
III Key System Applications for the Digital Age 259
8 Achieving Operational Excellence and Customer Intimacy: Enterprise Applications 260
9 E-commerce: Digital Markets, Digital Goods 290
10 Improving Decision Making and Managing Knowledge 330
IV Building and Managing Systems 367
11 Building Information Systems and Managing Projects 368
12 Ethical and Social Issues in Information Systems 404
|Download Ebook||Read Now||File Type||Upload Date|
|January 28, 2016|
Do you like this book? Please share with your friends, let's read it !! :)How to Read and Open File Type for PC ?