Essentials of MIS (12th Edition)
Book PrefaceEssentials of MIS (12th Edition)
What’s New in This Edition
The 12th edition features all new opening, closing, and Interactive Session cases. The text, figures, tables, and cases have been updated through September 2015 with the latest sources from industry and MIS research.
• Assisted-graded Writing Questions at the end of each chapter with prebuilt grading rubrics and computerized essay scoring help instructors prepare, deliver, and grade writing assignments.
• A new Video Cases collection contains 31 video cases (2 or more per chapter) and 13 additional instructional videos covering key concepts and experiences in the MIS world.
• The text contains 47 Learning Tracks in MyMISLab for additional coverage of selected topics.
• Video Cases and Chapter Cases are listed at the beginning of each chapter.
• Big data and the Internet of Things: In-depth coverage of big data, big data analytics, and the Internet of Things (IoT) are included in Chapters 1, 6, 7, and 11. Coverage includes big data analytics, analyzing IoT data streams, Hadoop, in-memory computing, nonrelational databases, and analytic platforms.
• Cloud computing:Updated and expanded coverage of cloud computing appears in Chapter 5 (IT Infrastructure) with more detail on types of cloud services, private and public clouds, hybrid clouds, managing cloud services, and a new Interactive Session on using cloud services. Cloud computing is also covered in Chapter 6 (databases in the cloud), Chapter 8 (cloud security), Chapter 9 (cloud-based CRM and ERP), Chapter 10 (e-commerce), and Chapter 12 (cloud-based systems development).
• Social, mobile, local: New e-commerce content in Chapter 10 describes how social tools, mobile technology, and location-based services are transforming marketing and advertising.
• Social business: Expanded coverage of social business is introduced in Chapter 2 and discussed throughout the text. Detailed discussions of enterprise (internal corporate) social networking as well as social networking in e-commerce are included.
• BYOD and mobile device management
• Wearable computers
• Smart products
• Internet of Things (IoT)
• Mobile application development, mobile and native apps
• Operational intelligence
• Expanded coverage of business analytics, including big data analytics
• On-demand business
• Windows 10
• Microsoft Office 365
• Zero-day vulnerabilities
• Two-factor authentication
• Chief data officer
• MOOCs in business firms
|Download Ebook||Read Now||File Type||Upload Date|
|March 22, 2017|
Do you like this book? Please share with your friends, let's read it !! :)How to Read and Open File Type for PC ?