Professional Cooking, 6th Edition
Book PrefaceProfessional Cooking, 6th Edition
This new edition of Professional Cooking is the most extensively revised yet.Readers of earlier editions will find new information in virtually every chapter. At the same time,the book has retained the core material that has made this text the standard reference and learning tool in its field for more than 20 years.
The fifth edition introduced a new and modern design that made the text not only more appealing to the eye but also easier to use.The range of new material in this sixth edition,added to that modernized design, now makes this the most comprehensive and most useful culinary arts text to date.
Many important additions have been made to Professional Cooking to make it even more useful and versatile.These changes have been made, in large part, in response to input from instructors, students, and other readers. Communication from readers has always been valuable in helping the text adapt to the evolving needs of users.Among the most important additions and changes are the following:
• A new chapter devoted to vegetarianism and cooking for the various types of vegetarian diets has been added. In addition, recipes suitable for a vegetarian diet are indicated by a symbol throughout the book.Further information on the use of this symbol is on page 661.
• New information on topics ranging from nutritional information to the cultural backgrounds of new recipes from international cuisines has been added in sidebars throughout the text.
• Coverage of the history of modern food service has been expanded.
• Concepts of flavor building and flavor profiles have been added to the discussion of basic cooking principles.
• The information on menus, recipes, and cost management is now its own chapter.
• Now in a dedicated chapter,nutrition information has been updated to incorporate new nutritional guidelines as well as the new food pyramid.
• The vegetable chapters have been expanded and revised to incorporate ingredients and preparations that have become mainstream in more recent years.
• The information on potatoes and cooking them is now its own chapter, and cooking with legumes,grains, pastas,and other starches is covered separately.
• Breakfast preparation and dairy and beverages are now found in their own dedicated chapters.
• The chapter on food presentation and garnish has been revised to reflect current ideas on plating and presenting finished recipes.
• Recipes from various international and regional cuisines are now integrated throughout the book.
• More than 100 new recipes have been added, bringing the book’s total to about 1,200.
• Many new photographs have been added to all sections of the book,illustrating even more clearly the techniques and procedures necessary in the modern kitchen.New identification photos of key ingredients are also included.
|Download Ebook||Read Now||File Type||Upload Date|
|November 5, 2016|
Do you like this book? Please share with your friends, let's read it !! :)How to Read and Open File Type for PC ?